We would like to say we can work on any instrument, but some instruments are made in such a way that no matter how good a repair technician may be, he or she cannot repair it to an acceptable level. These instruments are basically disposable. The following are brand name instruments our repair shop(s) will work on. If it is not one of these listed, we would have to inspect the individual instrument to see if it is repairable. List of instruments that we can work on:
||Scherl & Roth
More Information Coming Soon
Our experienced combo staff is more than capable of repairing guitars. We will work on any of the brands that we carry in-store, but even if your guitar/bass is not one of those brands we still might be able to work on it and possibly get parts. Be sure to bring your instrument to your local Tarpley Music, and let us take a look at it. Brands that we carry in-store, both acoustic and electric gutiars:
Our Electronic Repair Technician, Martin, is located at our store in Lubbock, TX. Electronics is a whole different ballgame when it comes to getting things repaired. Most all manufacturers will only supply electronic technicians with parts if he/she is certified to work on their gear. So this means that we don't make the rules when it comes to electronic repair, the manufacturers do. Martin currently has the certification and permission to do warranty work on the brands listed below:
Electronic Service Policy
TMC will make every effort to repair the item as quickly as possible. The item may require parts that TMC will have to order, or the item may need to be returned to the manufacturer for repair. If TMC needs to order parts or return the item to the manufacturer, the repair could take several weeks. I also understand that if I do not pick up my repaired item within thirty days from the date the repair is completed, the item will be sold for the charges against it. Items are repaired on a "First-come First-served" basis.
ESP - Warranty Repairs
- "Proof of Purchase" (POP) must accompany all warranty repairs. POP must be presented before any warranty work can commence.
- No charge for parts and/or labor as per manufacturer's warranty.
- If my item is returned to the manufacturer for repair, I will be charged for the shipping and handlin fees (all freight will be 'FedEx' Ground, unless the customer pays for faster freight service.)
- If warranty coverage is denied on my item for non-compliance with the manufacturer's warranty (abuse neglect, operator error, etc.), I will be charged at the non-warranty rates.
ESP - Non-Warranty Repairs
- I will be charged at the rate of $70.00 per house billed in quarter-hour increments, with a minimum charge of $35.00, plus parts.
- Required Deposit must be collected on ALL 'Non-Warranty' repairs: Keyboard products - $60.00, Power amplifiers - $50.00, all other products - $35.00
- Upon completion, the deposity will be credited toward the repair of the product. I understand that the deposit (in most cases) may not cover the entire amount of the repair charges.
- If my item is returned to the manufacturer for repair, I will be charged for the shipping and handling fees (all freight will be 'FedEx/UPS Ground' unless customer pays for faster freight service).
- Most repairs require an hour and a half to complete, which equals $70.00 to $105.00 for the labor, plus parts as required. If the estimated cost of my repair exceeds the normal charges listed above, TMC will obtain my permission before completing the repair.
- **If I do not wish for my item to be repaired, I understand that I will be charged the deposit amount required for my item (see above). This amount is calculated for the usual time required in diagnosing the problem for the type of product listed above.**
- TMC warranties the labor for 30 days from the date that repair is received by the customer, Parts that are used in the repair of the item are subject to the manufacturer's warranty.
New merchandise carries the original warranty issued by the manufacturer.
Used merchandise carries a 30-day warranty through Tarpley Music, unless otherwise specified.
There are no warranties for the following items:
- Drum Sticks
Tarpley Music welcomes your questions or comments regarding the statements and policies on this page. If you believe that Tarpley Music has not adhered to the items stated on this page, please contact Tarpley Music at:
Tarpley Music Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 8150
Amarillo, Texas 79114